Normally I teach SharePoint administrators how to manage SQL Server without getting laughed at by professional DBA’s. But this time it was the other way around: teaching a database crowd about SharePoint. I was a bit intimidated by the idea of speaking about SharePoint to a room full of hardcore database people – but hey, they invited me over so it couldn’t be that bad. The session went great and I even had some very interesting questions. Thanks for having me!
The key resources I mentioned were:
- Best practices for SQL Server in a SharePoint Server farm
- Storage and SQL Server capacity planning and configuration
- Overview of SQL Server in a SharePoint environment
- Support for changes to the databases that are used by SharePoint
- Database maintenance for SharePoint
- Supported high availability and disaster recovery options for SharePoint databases